Faculty member Deborah Backus, PhD, PT, is the recipient of the Academy of Spinal Cord Injury Professions, Therapy Leadership Council section award. The “Distinguished Clinical Award” is for a therapist who has demonstrated the following:
- Outstanding clinical contributions in the area of SCI/D. This may include demonstration of clinical application of evidenced based medicine and/or translational research;
- Knowledge and expertise in SCI/D therapy practice through advanced training and mentoring others;
- Creativity in providing rehabilitation to individuals with SCI/D through program development as well as outcome assessment;
- Distinguished advocacy for persons with SCI/D;
- Collaboration with other health care professionals in providing optimal care achieving excellence in the health care of persons with SCI/D.
The award will be presented to Dr. Backus during the ASCIP’s Annual Meeting in Las Vegas from September 22 – 24, 2010. The presentation will be on Friday, September 24, 2010 (10:15-11:45 am) during the ASCIP Business Meeting and Awards Presentation Ceremony.
Congratulations to Dr. Backus for being recognized with this award.