Interprofessional Simulation Conference: Simulation as a Tool to Promote Interprofessional Education and Practice
November 14 – 15, 2017
Emory Conference Center and Hotel
Atlanta, Georgia 30322
The Interprofessional Simulation Conference will bring together interdisciplinary, health science educators and clinicians to promote and determine best practice, assessment measures, and techniques when using simulation as an education tool for health and medical professions students and healthcare clinicians.
Upon completion of the conference, learners will be able to:
- Discuss the fundamentals of simulation for use in the classroom and at the bedside.
- Practice hands-on interprofessional team training.
- Demonstrate optimal interprofessional team, family, and patient-centered communication.
- Understand and implement the process for using interprofessional simulation to determine competency.
- Develop a facilitative process to perform an interprofessional team debrief.
- Identify and develop research concepts to demonstrate translation of simulation into practice.