The APTA Board of Directors has appointed Bruce Greenfield to serve on its Ethics and Judicial Committee for the period of 07/01/2014- 06/30/2019. Dr. Greenfield is an Associate Professor at Emory University School of Medicine and has an extensive ethics background. He has a faculty affiliation with the Center for Ethics at Emory and also serves on the Emory Hospital Ethics Committee.
The purpose of the APTA Ethics and Judicial Committee, as outlined in the APTA Bylaws, Article I.X.B is to:
- Interpret the ethical principles and standards of the Association.
- Propose revisions of the ethical principles and standards of the Association and the Disciplinary Action Procedural Document of the Association.
- Make revisions, as necessary, to the documents that interpret the ethical principles and standards of the Association and disseminate these documents for the management of judicial affairs.
- Promote activities for the dissemination of information on ethics.
- Process reported violations of ethical principles and standards in accordance with approved procedures.
- Make final decisions in disciplinary proceedings against a member, subject only to appeal to the Board of Directors by the member.
- Carry out other duties as may be requested by the Board of Director.