We are participating in the APTA sponsored application service called Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service (PTCAS). To apply to the Emory DPT program, please visit www.PTCAS.org and follow all instructions. Contact information for PTCAS: firstname.lastname@example.org and 617-612-2040.
Our application deadline is 11:59 pm on October 16th, 2017. After review, qualifying students will be invited for an interview which is a requirement for admission. Interviews will be held in January, 2018 and decisions on all applicants will be completed by the end of March, 2018. Keep in mind that during peak application season, it takes several weeks before we receive your submitted application from PTCAS. Therefore, applicants should have their applications submitted with ALL supporting documents well before October 16th, 2017.
Complete online application at www.ptcas.org
Submit to PTCAS all supporting documents, which include:
- Transcripts from all schools listed on your application
- GRE scores (ask ETS to send your official GRE scores to Institution code #0102)
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Volunteer or Paid Physical Therapy Observation Hours
- 3 essays
- Pre-requisite information
Supplemental Application and Fee
Be sure to fill out the Supplemental Application on our website and pay supplemental application fee of $65.00 online. IT IS IMPORTANT to indicate the name of the applicant if applicant’s name is different from the name on the credit card that you are using so that we can identify the applicant that you are paying for.
**Applications will not be reviewed until we have received all supporting documents, supplemental application, and application fee of $65.00. **
|Application Deadline||October 16, 2017|
|Interview invitations||December, 2017|
|Admission decisions||February-March, 2018|
|Program start date||June, 2018|
A complete application must include the following:
- Application submitted through PTCAS.
- Supplemental Application submitted through our website.
- $65.00 Supplemental Application fee. Pay online at our website.
- Official Transcripts from each university or college attended and indicated on application submitted through PTCAS.
- Three letters of recommendation submitted through PTCAS. Please note that one letter must come from a professor/instructor who has taught the applicant at the undergraduate or graduate level and can speak to the applicant’s academic abilities. One must also come from a physical therapist that has supervised the applicant in a clinical setting and can speak to the applicant’s suitability for the profession
- Three essays (see topics of essays under ‘Admissions Requirements’) submitted through PTCAS.
- Submit unofficial GRE scores with PTCAS application and follow-up with official scores. Use PTCAS Emory Institution code 0102. Contact information for Educational Testing Service (ETS): email@example.com and 609-921-9000.
- Five pre-requisite courses (see courses under ‘Admissions Requirements’) submitted through PTCAS.
- Hours of PT experience including the types of clinical settings under the direct observation of a Physical Therapist submitted through PTCAS.
|Tuition||At the present time (2015-2016), the tuition is $11,100 per semester.
Tuition is payable at the beginning of each semester. Please note that the University reserves the right to revise tuition and other charges when necessary. Additional costs for drug screens and/or criminal background checks may be necessary prior to beginning clinical affiliations. Click here for information.
|Housing & Financial Aid||For information on housing and financial aid, you must contact these
offices (phone numbers are listed below). Please note that the FAF (Financial Aid Form) is required for any Financial Aid Award. It is recommended that you file the FAF no later than February 15.
Emory Graduate Housing Center
1560 Clairmont Road
Decatur, GA 30322
Office of Financial Aid
Atlanta, GA 30322
|Interview Schedule||Invitations for interviews will be sent to selected candidates after all application materials have been reviewed. Interviews will be held on selected dates (preferably Fridays) in January. We will begin to make decisions about acceptance after the last interview date.|
For further information concerning the application process, please contact:
Division of Physical Therapy